Lewis Hamilton: McLaren Can ‘Definitely’ Challenge Red Bull In Indian Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton is confident that McLaren can challenge Red Bull for victory in the Indian Grand Prix tomorrow.

McLaren are confident in their car’s performances over heavier fuel runs and although the two Red Bulls were out of reach over a single lap on Saturday, Hamilton – who beat teammate Jenson Button to third – is still confident.

Sebastian Vettel took pole position on Saturday with teammate Mark Webber just behind him but Hamilton insists he will be pushing hard tomorrow.

When asked if he was happy with third on the grid, Hamilton told Sky Sports

“Absolutely. The team have done a great job this weekend in just trying to dial the set-up into the car and to have us on the second row, we're not quick enough to be ahead of these guys [the Red Bulls], but we can definitely challenge them in the race.

"I think our race pace was just as good as theirs through practice. So I'm excited about it."

"Tomorrow I'm going to be pushing. I'm going to be pushing real hard tomorrow. Hopefully we won't have any problems so we can be in the fight."