Pacquiao Agrees Terms For Mega Bout With Mayweather

By in News

Manny Pacquiao has reportedly agreed to a 40 per cent cut of the proceeds in a bid ensure the long awaited clash goes ahead, meaning Floyd Mayweather will be given the remaining 60 per cent.

åÊ

May 2 is the proposed date for the showdown, which will most likely take place at the MGM Grand’s Garden Arena in Las Vegas, a venue that both fighters are more than acquainted with.

åÊ

The Filipino agreed terms with promoters Top Rank, and vice-president Carl Moretti told ESPN: “Top Rank and Manny have agreed to the terms on our side. I don’t know about the other side.”

åÊ

Mayweather has stressed his desire for the fight to go ahead on numerous occasions, speaking to ShoSports last month the American said: “The public want this fight. I want it. The only stumbling block has been Bob Arum (Pacquiao’s promoter) but I think both fighters want it. So it’s time to get it on. I’m not ducking anyone, so lets get this on”.

åÊ

The fight was first mooted over five years ago, and despite two losses to Juan Manuel Marquez and Timothy Bradley since then, Pacquiao is still confident he can be the first to defeat the WBC, WBA and Ring welterweight champion. In an interview with Sky Sports, the 36-year-old said: “Mayweather can get the amount he wants. Money is not the issue in our fight.åÊ

åÊ

“He has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me. I will try my best to make this a thrilling and entertaining fight”. The Filipino also claimed watching Mayweather’s fights ‘induces people to sleep’, and insisted he will do his best to make it a ‘thrilling and entertaining fight’.åÊ

åÊ

The bout, which is reportedly worth up to $300million, is as close as its ever been to happening, with the Pacquiao camp claiming that contracts have already been drafted for both sides. The two welterweights may no longer be at their peak as they were when the fight was first discussed half a decade ago, but the World will still be watching with bated breath on May 2 should the two finally clash.

åÊ

FollowåÊ@SportsvibeåÊon Twitter for the latest news, competitions and videos. Like us onåÊFacebook.