Sunday 10th December 2017
For the first time in Premier League history, both the Merseyside and Manchester derbies will take place back-to-back on a Sky Sports Super Sunday.
Sky Sports will exclusively broadcast two of the biggest derbies in football on Sunday 10 December. Coverage will include special guests, exclusive interviews, and a range of new programming:
- An exclusive Gary Neville interview with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola
- David De Gea in the Nissan Match Zone with Thierry Henry, plus exclusive interviews with new Everton manager Sam Allardyce, midfielder Tom Davies and Manchester City frontman Sergio Aguero
- Special studio guest, Oasis star and Manchester City fan Noel Gallagher
- A Liverpool Takeover day on Sky Sports Premier League, featuring live interviews with Jurgen Klopp and members of his Liverpool squad, live from Anfield and Melwood
- A one-off Soccer PM show, broadcast live on Saturday night, featuring boxing heavyweight Tyson Fury, former Liverpool star Jason McAteer, and an exclusive Tubes interview with Raheem Sterling
- A derby-themed Debate show on Friday night, featuring guests Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs, live from Manchester
Super Sunday coverage kicks off at 1pm, with Liverpool taking on Everton live at Anfield from 2.15pm. The action then moves to Old Trafford for the top of the table clash between Manchester United and Manchester City.
Sky’s studio coverage will be anchored by David Jones, who will be joined by Thierry Henry, Graeme Souness, Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher. Ahead of the Manchester derby, the team will be joined by one of the UK’s biggest rock stars – Manchester City fan Noel Gallagher – who will offer his views on the big game in his own inimitable style.
During the build-up, fans can also enjoy Gary Neville’s exclusive interview with Pep Guardiola, alongside interviews with Sergio Aguero, David De Gea, Sam Allardyce and Tom Davies.
The weekend will also see a first for Soccer AM, as the show switches to a Saturday night slot, and rebrands for one week only asSoccer PM. The one-off show will air from 9pm to 10:30pm on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky One. The show will look ahead to the huge Sunday of football with guests including boxing’s bad boy Tyson Fury and former Liverpool mid-fielder Jason McAteer, and will also feature Tubes’ exclusive interview with Raheem Sterling.
In the lead up to the weekend, The Debate show will be broadcast live from Hotel Football on Friday 8 December. In the shadow of Old Trafford, the show will feature special guests Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs, hosted by Geoff Shreeves.
Fans will also be able to tune into a live Sky Sports talkSPORT show on Friday night from 4-7pm. The show adds to the derby day build-up, featuring Henry, Redknapp and the Soccer Saturday crew.
During the Manchester derby, the ever popular Spidercam will make a welcome return, capturing all of the action from an array of incredible angles, creating the ultimate TV viewing experience.
Fans will also be able to tune into a Football Daily derby day show in association with NOW TV, with the Football Daily team previewing both games from 1.45-2.15pm. The show will be broadcast live from the Football Daily YouTube, Facebook and Twitter accounts, with ten lucky viewers guaranteed to win NOW TV passes during the stream.
Non-Sky Sports subscribers can also enjoy all of the action with a NOW TV Day Sports pass, available for just £6.99 and across a range of devices.