Friday 2nd November 2018
Premier Sports big rugby weekend opens tonight (Fri 2 Nov) with a distinctly Welsh-Scottish flavour as two exciting Celtic clashes in Wales and Scotland kick things off in the Guinness PRO14 with the Ospreys hosting Glasgow and Edinburgh welcoming the Scarlets.
Premier Sports will be bringing customers all 7 Guinness PRO14 games live this weekend plus live UK coverage of Ireland v Italy from Soldier Field in Chicago on Saturday on Premier Sports 1 (coverage starts 7pm). It’s the only place to enjoy live action of Ireland’s first autumn international exclusively across the UK. Visit www.premiersports.com.
Premier Sports, the home of rugby’s Guinness PRO14, has expanded its rugby coverage after winning broadcast rights to seven of the star-studded games in this November’s Autumn International Series (see below).
The weekend’s rugby starts with a double-header of Wales v Scotland pro rugby action on Friday night with Ospreys contest against Glasgow (7pm on Premier Sports 2 live from the Liberty Stadium) and Edinburgh v Scarlets on Premier Sports 1 live at 7pm at BT Murrayfield Stadium. Ospreys come into the game on the back of a nine-strong home match winning record which will be challenged by a focused Glasgow side that last time out at the Liberty Stadium won by a convincing 47-6 margin. High-flying Scarlets travel to Scotland to face hosts Edinburgh who have won six in a row at home in all competitions.
Cardiff Blues v Zebre live from Cardiff Arms Park (Sun 4 Nov 2.45pm) will be a poignant rugby occasion in the capital as the Cardiff faithful bid farewell to Gethin Jenkins in his swansong 196thgame for his region after he announced his retirement from playing this week.
This weekend’s 20+ hours of live rugby with Premier Sports:
- Friday 2nd Nov Edinburgh v Scarlets, kick off 7.35pm Live on Premier Sports 1 (from 7pm)
- Friday 2nd Nov Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, kick off 7.35pm Live on Premier Sports 2 (from 7pm)
- Sat 3rd Nov Benetton v Ulster, kick off 3pm Live on Premier Sports 1 (from 2.45pm)
- Sat 3rd Nov Connacht v Dragons, kick off 5.15pm Live on Premier Sports 2 (from 5.10pm)
- Sat 3rd Nov Ireland v Italy, kick off 8pm Live on Premier Sports 1 (UK exclusive from 7pm)
- Sun 4th Nov Southern Kings v Leinster, kick off 12.45pm Live on Premier Sports 1 (from 12.30pm)
- Sun 4th Nov Cardiff Blues v Zebre, kick off 2.45pm Live on FreeSports (from 2.30pm)
- Sun 4th Nov Cheetahs v Munster, kick off 2.45pm Live on Premier Sports 2 (from 2.40pm)
Ready for a big weekend of rugby action, Premier Sports top presenters and commentators are out in force bringing all the best analysis and commentary with a warm welcome to special ‘in the know’ guests – former Scarlets captain and now Edinburgh back-row John Barclay together with retired Scotland full-back Hugo Southwell for the Edinburgh v Scarlets clash. A six-strong Premier Sports team will be in Swansea with plenty of Wales v Scotland colour guaranteed, as respected commentators Rory Lawson and Jim Hamilton join up with the Welsh team of Ross Harries, Sean Holley, Tom Shanklin and Lauren Jenkins.
Premier Sports’ top TV line-up for rugby is:
Friday 2nd Nov Edinburgh v Scarlets : Dougie Vipond, Rory Hamilton, John Barclay, Hugo Southwell
- Friday 2nd Nov Ospreys v Glasgow: Ross Harries, Lauren Jenkins, Rory Lawson, Sean Holley, Jim Hamilton, Tom Shanklin
- Sun 4th Nov Cardiff Blues v Zebre: Gethin Jones, Lauren Jenkins, Eddie Butler, Shane Williams, Martyn Williams
Richard Sweeney, Chief Executive of Premier Sports said: “This is what a weekend of rugby coverage is all about for our Premier Sports customers – great rugby, exciting contests and respected international pedigree commentators and experts bringing insight to our wall-to-wall rugby action all in one place.
“We have built strong and close working partnerships with Guinness PRO14 and our experienced production partners Sunset+Vine and are committed to bringing top-class rugby to our subscribers and expanding our rugby to include autumn international coverage has been more positive news for our fast-growing customer base.”
Premier Sports is available in 16 million UK homes across Sky and Virgin platforms and to everyone via the Premier Player https://www.premierplayer.tv/ while FreeSports is available to 22 million UK homes across seven different platforms.
Highlights of all this weekend’s Guinness PRO14 will be broadcast Monday morning at 8am on Premier Sports 1 with these repeated on FreeSports on Monday evening at 6.30pm. As with every week, Premier Sports will air a special Guinness PRO14 preview show on Wednesday night at 9pm with all the PRO14 round-ups. This ‘PRO14 Hour’ will be repeated on FreeSports at 10pm.
Premier Sports will show all France and Italy games of the autumn 2018 series as follows:
- Ireland v Italy Saturday 3rd Nov, Soldier Field, Chicago, USA (on air 7pm, UK EXCLUSIVE)
- Italy v Georgia Saturday 10th Nov, KO 2pm, Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence
- France v South Africa Saturday 10th Nov, KO 7.45pm, Stade de France, Paris
- Italy v Australia Saturday 17th Nov, KO 2pm, Stadio Euganeo, Padua
- France v Argentina Saturday 17th Nov, KO 7.45pm, Stade Pierre- Mauroy, Lille
- Italy v New Zealand Saturday 24th Nov, KO 2pm, Stadio Olympico, Rome
- France vs Fiji Saturday 24th Nov, KO 7.45PM, Stade de France, Paris
Premier Sports, is the home of the Guinness PRO14 in the UK and will be showing all 152 games from the Guinness PRO14 this season. Rugby fans can subscribe on Sky or the Premier Sports Player for £9.99 per month. Visit www.premierports.com to sign up to see all the live action.